5 Small Ways to Help if You’re Currently Out of Work and Job Hunting
“If everything around you seems dark, look again, you may be the light” – Rumi
We are currently going through significant changes in our daily lives. People are suddenly finding themselves on unpaid leave or sadly being made redundant as businesses have no other choice but to let them go.
None of us can control the current situation, but we can control what we focus our energy on. Try to remember that nothing is permanent, and the next chapter can be exciting, if you grow through what you are going through.
Here are five small ways to help if you are currently out of work and job hunting:
- Be patient. If you are already involved in the interview process it might take longer for companies to get back to you.
- Be polite. Do follow up with your application, just remember that the Company is likely to have other priorities at this time.
- Be prepared. Use this time to build your personal brand and engage with your connections. It is also a great time to review & refresh your CV.
- Be ready. Check out online courses that can help power up your skill set.
- Don’t stop. This is not the time to give up on your job search, keep going!